Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I was on zoloft last year January 2017 and got off july

I was on zoloft...

I was on zoloft last year January 2017 and got off july 2017. I recently started getting anxiety again. I started on 1-5-18 with .25 and now up to .75. how long will the increased anxiety last

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I have been diagnosed with GAD. Everything was great and i got the flu in December and it seemed during that time all my anxiety came back, including thinking about past mistakes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

I am also peri menapuasal

1/14/2018
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
It is hard to say how long you will have anxiety. There are so many factors involved. What Medici e did you take while experiencing the flu? When is the anxiety worst? What does make it better? What in your past do you stress over? Any information would be helpful.
Last year when I was on zoloft it helped and at 75 mg i felt great. I was able to enjoy life again instead of worrying about the future or overthinking the past. When I had the flu I only took theraflu.I stress over over an event 15 years ago that I saw a married man. for some strange reason after all these years, this started bothering me and i feel so bad it give me anxiety.
I have an appointment for counseling next week, so i will wait till then, I was just curious being on Zoloft a second time will it work as effectively as it did the first time.
Was the theraflu prescribed?
no just over the counter
Ok. I was afraid you had actually taken tamiflu which has a side affect of anxiety. Theraflu is fine. I imagine the Zoloft will be fine. I would refrain from being taken off of it so quick though. If it is working, let it do it’s job.
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Thank you.
Your welcome!