Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I’m currently on fmla leave with plans to return to work Jan…

Customer Question
Hi i’m currently on...

Hi i’m currently on fmla leave with plans to return to work Jan 17, however, today or saturday I had to go to the emergency room with elevated blood press or thy called it a panic attack

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Since december 1. my stress is due to stress at work. my boss is emotionally and sexually harassing me

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

No, these fillings started a year ago. th3 doctor was prescribing valium and sleep medication for about a year and now I’m having attacks in my sleep and feeling crippled

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mental Health
1/13/2018
Mental Health Professional: Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC replied 4 months ago
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Hello and thank you for reaching out to Just Answer with concerns regarding your situation. I am really sorry that you are experiencing emotional and sexual harassment at work. It sounds like you may be experiencing trauma related to how unsafe you feel at work and now must return to and that is what the panic attack was rooted in. May I ask some questions; what kind of work do you do? does your boss have a superisor at work? have you spoken to a mental health professional about what has been happening? is there a Human Resources Department where you work? I look forward to hearing from you. Linda D., LMSW, CASAC

I work in the office of emergency management. My supervisors supervisor has ignored my emails to report situations. HR is for management and not the employees. Ive filed an EEOC complaint and they have given the right to sue. I'm not well and dont feel strong enough to go further.
I just cant afford a call
Linda D.
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC