Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

What are some Medicine to get rid of Fear? Not Anxiety, Fear…

Customer Question
What are some Medicine to...
What are some Medicine to get rid of Fear? Not Anxiety, Fear.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mental Health
1/5/2018
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist replied 1 month ago
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
Can you please specify what is the fear regarding so that I can get a good understanding about the type of fear you are talking about ?
Regards
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I took lithium about a year ago and it caused fear. And the fear has stayed with me. Elevators, telling you stuff about the fears, and some negative thoughts.
Why were you placed on lithium ?
Regards
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Because I took Lithium when I was around 14, and I wanted to see if it would make me feel the same way.

Thanks for the inputs.

Well, for managing fearfulness and negative thoughts you may try a combination of Klonopin and Lexapro , while klonopin can first be taken regularly for 1 month or so in two divided doses each day and later on it can be reduced to PRN usage that is as and when required usage. On the other hand Lexapro is not ony meant for allaying your fears but also for negative thoughts and boosting your confidence and self esteem and it should be taken continuously for 2-3 months at least before deciding upon its fate as to whether to still continue it or withdraw it citing the fact that you have by then recovered from fearfulness and negative thoughts completely and more confident when in social setting.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards

Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist