Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I don't now how to control my anger been getting mad almost…

Customer Question
I don't now how...

I don't now how to control my anger been getting mad almost everyday for the past few months

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I haven't and I so.etimes take ibuprofen OTC when I get really bad headache but in daily basis I take glucosamine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

I was like ok of jealous but i have gotten worse now too

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mental Health
1/3/2018
Mental Health Professional: Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC replied 3 months ago
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. I can here you are struggling. It is important to know that anger in itself is a healthy emotion, it is an action emotion that tells us something is wrong. It is an invitation to change something that is not right for us. Anger communicates, STOP! NO! It is what we do when we are angry that gets us into trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about what is going on in your life that is triggering an angry response and also what you do when you are angry; ie. yell, throw things, go in a room alone, etc.? I look forward to hearing from you with more information so that I can help you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Linda D.
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC