Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I’m a 27 year old male. I become very agitated and angry to…

Customer Question
I’m a 27 year...

I’m a 27 year old male. I become very agitated and angry to others opposing my thoughts and opinions. It ruins relationships. I can’t help myself. Also, I’ve had depression so severely that i felt like I was having an out of body experience. I have broke down in front of friends just sobbing and curled up in fetal position on the floor. I have a mental illness but what could be the diagnosis?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

3 years. Yes and psychiatrist diagnosed me with bipolar. I think this diagnosis is incorrect. I need your online psychiatrist to help me please with a possible correct diagnosis.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

This all started after a complete psychotic and mental breakdown in the Marines.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 4 days by:
1/5/2018
Mental Health Professional: TherapistMaryAnn, Therapist replied 6 months ago
TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Therapist

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been through so much. It does sound like you have symptoms of a mental health disorder. Bipolar is one possibility. However, it is unethical for mental health professionals to diagnose someone without evaluating the person face to face. We can offer suggestions of what might be going on, but it's not going to be a solid diagnosis. A thorough evaluation is needed to be accurate and that must be done in person. It also takes some time to do a complete evaluation. Please let me know if you want to continue here or if you feel seeing a professional face to face is a better option for you.

MaryAnn