Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Can it take more than 7/8 weeks to experience benifits of…

Customer Question
Can it take more than...
Can it take more than 7/8 weeks to experience benifits of Celexa??
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mental Health
I’ve been taking 40mg for 7 weeks but still awaiting improvement of both anxiety and depression. Thus far I’m noticing limited results.
12/31/2017
Mental Health Professional: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 6 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

Who is prescribing Celexa for you?

psychiatrist

Excellent. As I am sure you know, there isn't a one size fits all for medications...some people respond immediately and others take longer. The same is also true for side effects...some people experience nothing and others experience more. Generally people respond in 3-4 weeks but, yes, in some cases it could take longer. I am sorry that you are still suffering and hope you will place a call to your Psychiatrist to let them know you are not receiving the full desired benefits and are still experiencing some anxiety and depression. At that point, they can decide if you need further evaluation to make sure you are getting what you need. I imagine there have been small improvements? If so, then we can hope that over time, things continue to ease a bit.

Please let me know if I can support you further.

If all good for now, please take a moment to click the rating tab to rate my support. You are not charged again for doing so but without it, I will not receive credit for my support. Thanks so much for understanding.