Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

My ex did gay porn but swears he’s not gay.. he’s so back…

Customer Question
My ex did gay porn...
My ex did gay porn but swears he’s not gay.. he’s so back and forth with me.. he was addicted to oxy I love him but he’s so closed off
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mental Health
12/31/2017
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist replied 6 months ago
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
Well, you see if your ex has indulged in watching gay porn for sexual gratification then it is strongly indicative of the fact that he has inclination towards same gender , so he may not be gay but he could be bisexual. You see no straight man would watch gay porn continuously and intentionally , only those who have inclination towards gay sex shall indulge in such activity.
So may be your ex is in denial right now and is himself confused about his own sexuality so for you as a known confidante of his you shall tell him that you are not judging him for what he is or what are his sexual preferences and support him in taking some time to discover his sexuality and seek therapy if he finds himself confused about it. If you help him now it will only help you to make your own decision about your to and fro tumultuous relationship. So consider this as an act of favor that you do to him so as to do a favor to yourself because I am sure that you would not want to spend rest of your life with some one who is confused about his own sexuality and is leading a dual life.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards