Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

My wife is in North Ga hospital for taking advil pm in high…

Customer Question
Hi, My wife is...

Hi, My wife is in North Ga hospital for taking advil pm in high dose but changed her mind after doing so and called the medics, The hospital she went to sent her to north GA about 100 miles for high levels of the drug and care. The doctor there has order a state facility to come in and evaluate her and she is doing much better after 3 days. she has had depression for a year or so and just learned of many family issues with religon and beatings that were harboring in her thoughts that she never dealed with until recently. She is under a doctor and therpy guidance here but I not sure a padded cell for 2 weeks is the correct thing to do. She fully understands what she did and has shown she is real sorry. How long in a general hospital can they hold her for this.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

Just today after seeing her and although she wants to come home her eye are focused normal and they took her off all her meds. I have not spoken to anyone about this just concerned this other place will make her worse not better

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

We have been is therapy both together and alone for communication and help but they know alot about her past

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mental Health
1/1/2018
Mental Health Professional: Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC replied 7 months ago
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Thank you for waiting for a response from Just Answer. I am sorry that your wife is going through this and I am hoping and trusting she is getting he best care she needs at this time. However if either of you are concerned about hr being kept unfairly then there is an Advocacy organization that can help. This is their website with answers regarding how long they can keep her and their information:

http://thegao.org/initiatives/olmstead-ada/your-rights-and-involuntary-mental-health-treatment/

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with. I wish you and you wife all the best and ask you to please take a moment to rate my service to you. Thank you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC