Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have anxiety and recently think it is playing tricks with…

Hi. I have anxiety and...
Hi. I have anxiety and recently think it is playing tricks with my eyes. Is this possible? Sometimes feel things are moving when there not etc. Thank you
12/21/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Yes, it is possible

How bad is your anxiety?

Severe

yes, then it absolutely can cause this

what symptoms in particular?

My anxiety at present had been bsf and med increased to Lexapro 10 mg as opposed to 5 mg. I can wake up and feel so...nervous, had panic attack last week, abdominal cramping, chest pulling etc not almost at one time but occasionally. Not sleeping very well also and then this issue!!

I think you need to switch to a different and higher dose SSRI

I like zoloft.

at least 75 mg for anxiety though

you need higher doses for anxiety

is this helpful?

That is quite high! Since 2010 I have only being lexapro 5 mg.are what I've described anxiety symptoms and this unbalanced feeling etc is that normal or something else.

That is not that high. Basically equivalent to 20 mg of lexapro

that is your anxiety

Ok. It is normal these feelings is it? Sorry I didn't understand!

yes, pretty common

I see it a lot.

I wouldn't say all the time but I do see it.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Could u be more specific

yes, anxiety can cause a lot of symptoms that affect your balance and orientation in space

it can create a kind of out of body sensation or depersonalization

This is your mind trying to escape the anxiety. make sense?

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor