Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

I need help figuring out what could be happening to me. I…

Customer Question
I need help figuring out...
I need help figuring out what could be happening to me. I need the opinion of a psychologist who specializes in trauma and complex ptsd...
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 day by:
12/21/2017
Mental Health Professional: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 2 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is***** am an Lpc. I have dealt with several ptsd clients over the years. I’ll try to help you. Can you tell me what is going on?
Well after about a year of hazing and maltreatment every day from my previous unit still being handled legally by my commanding general, A few months go by, after I was sent here to Wounded Warrior Battallion in Camp lejeune for treatment, at first I was severely depressed and had alot of overwhelming anxiety, and was triggered by certain types of people that reminded me of the types of marines back at my old unit...now, Im having psychotic episodes after being triggered by seeing these people, or being around those people for too long alone, or at random then being angry then progressing to having a breakdown that progresses to a wierd tingle in my brain to my pelvis and laughing uncontrollably and feeling like somethings off, then I get to the point where I dont remember much and realize after I wakeup from a “nap” that I did something of thought I dreamed something I did or was saying...Last night I was talking to my toy zebra, and finding comfort in him, then he cane alive and looked at me and I realized that hes real, so I keep him with me all the time in case I need to not feel alone...Or understood...
Ive been trying to figure out if its complex ptsd and anxiety with psychotic features, but I feel like Im losing my control over the psychotic part and I feel like I should allow myself to just let go and whatever my brain feels is right, I should go with it to figure out whats wrong with me....
Depression with psychotic features* typo
Well, I confess is beyond me. It sounds like you have been through a lot. How’s the military offered you EMDR treatment? It has proven very effective for PTSD treatment.
Ive been letting go recently to save myself of the overwhelming anxiety
What is that?
They dont think its ptsd even though they dont want to know what happened at my old unit...They say it doesnt matter what happened....What happened happened and its in the past
They say I have to get out of the corps if I want to get the help I need
but they are separating me non medically because personality disorder isnt a disability in the Marines
But they are chopping up all the symptoms under the personality disorder
Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, Kind of the gold standard and PTSD treatment. I am sorry you’re going through this. I hope you get the help you need soon.
I dont understand why they are doing this...Ohhh okay well I will bring that up to my new therapist once They change me again...I was told they dont offer anything but talk therapy here...
Thanks for your help
EMDR Is a type of mental health therapy in which You reprocess your trauma much like you do want sleeping. I do not know much more about it than that. I do know that it is very effective.
I wish I could help you more. Don’t worry about paying anything. I hope you get the help you need
okay I will google more on it. Thank you for your advice
Your welcome
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist