Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I need some advise about a re.ationship. My old lover text…

Customer Question
Hello! I need some advise about...
Hello!
I need some advise about a re.ationship. My old lover text me about two weeks ago. He asked me out for coffee. He told me to pick any day. He wanted to meet at seven o’clock. I texted him about meeting on Saturday. He told me weekends are pretty busy. He was mostly unavailable and to postpone to some other time. I said sounds like a plan. I as,ed him why he is mostly unavailable on weekends. He did not answer my question. I am very confused. Do you think the coffe date will happen soon. Or is he just blowing me off forever. I need advise fast. Could we talk on the phone. Do you think he is just blowing me off. What should I do. Could you answer these questions fast?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mental Health
12/18/2017
Mental Health Professional: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 7 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Sounds like he may be seeing somebody else and weekends aren't available and he's trying to see you at 7 during the week because that's what works for him and when he's available. I would pull back and wait and see if he reaches out to you but it doesn't sound like he is being back direct and forthright with you.
I really like your way of thinking. My exboyfriend has two kids. Do you think that’s why weekends are off limits right now? How can I get him to ask me out again? He said we would delay our date. We really hit it off the first time. I just feel he would follow through with me. He texted me after two years. Do you think there is any hope the relationship will survive? What can I do to get him?
It sounds like it needs to be on his own time meaning that he needs to be the one to reach out as he just did recently so it's best you can I would pull back and let him have control over this. Sit back and wait for him to reach out to you and I think that all will be well and you will be going on that date soon.
How else can I support you?
If you don't need any further support I would appreciate if you could take a moment to click the rating faces to rate my support. You are not charged again for doing so but without it I will not receive credit for my support. Thanks so much for your understanding and I wish you the best with it.
If you would please offer the rating now, I would greatly appreciate it.