Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I get aroused on seeing hair in fact and in fact ordered…

Customer Question
I get aroused on...

I get aroused on seeing long hair in fact and in fact ordered wigs so that i can wear them and tie them in to bun when am alone .am apprehensive now and don't want to do that .can u pls help me

Doctor's Assistant: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?

Yes i wake up early

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

Masturbate a lot after seeing long hair stuff

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mental Health
12/7/2017
Mental Health Professional: LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker replied 7 months ago
LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker

Hi, thank you for writing. I am sorry to hear this fetish is impacting you negatively. Unfortunately, there is no easy answer about how to quickly change this pattern for you. If it is your goal to stop reacting to hair as a means of arousal or satisfaction, you will likely need to see sex therapist who can help you figure out ways to modify/replace your reactions to this fetish such as not reacting to the arousal when it occurs. This can take time. A sex therapist can also help you figure out the roots for why this is such a source of attraction for you so you can begin to modify the way you think about long hair so as to stop it from being a stressful source of unwanted arousal.

I am here to chat more if you'd like!

-Leah

Mental Health Professional: LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker replied 6 months ago

Hi, I noticed this question is still open due to being unrated. Can I help further? If not, thank you for considering providing a rating so I can get credit for my time.

Happy New Year!

-Leah