Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

A week ago Saturday I took 20mg's of Latuda for my Bipolar…

A week ago Saturday I...
A week ago Saturday I took 20mg's of Latuda for my Bipolar Disorder when I was upset I crushed it with my tooth not realizing that I was not supposed to do that. I had a sore throat after. I was afraid to take my Latuda the next night cause I was worried that my throat would swell up. I took 20 mg's of Latuda this Friday. I also had it last night.
I have been constipated since yesterday morning and this morning I stupidly had six tablespoons of Mineral Oil because it says on the label to decrease the dosage until bowel movement becomes regular. I had one tablespoon with some water.
I have not vomited. I do not feel sick to my stomach. I have had a small bowel movements today. I have had some rectal bleeding. I have hemorrhoids. I have been drinking water all day and I am still able to eat. I have not had any hives. I have had a small rash on my chest but the Latuda causes my skin to itch.
I want to know is,am I going to be safe to have 20mg's of the Latuda tonight?
I forgot to mention that I came off the Latuda once before and my throat is dry. I would really appreciate an answer by tonight as I am not sure if I should take the Latuda or not,
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I do not want a live phone call. I would like my answer by e-mail please.
12/4/2017
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
Well, yes you may take 20 mg Latuda tonight since the first dose did not cause any I'll effects. Also please do not discount the fact that irregular intake Latuda will only make it less effective owing to the tolerance developed against it as a result of irregular use, so bottom-line is to take the dose continuously otherwise more such effects are likely to develop.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist