Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I am having trouble going through life every day. It's a…

I am having trouble going...
I am having trouble going through life every day. It's a struggle to get out of the bed, to feel normal, to feel happy. I panic at the thoughts of going out with friends or family. Anytime I need to communicate with anyone I immediately start feeling overwhelmed and like everyone is against me! What do I do? Is there anything that can help me feel normal?
11/23/2017
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name as JOHN. Please give me a moment as I look over your question.
Sorry about the delay. I got distracted. Normal is a relevant term. Do you have a job? Tell me about your childhood. Finally, if you were “normal”, what would life look like? I want to help you, but this I formation my help me dovtbat.
I do have a job. My childhood was rough. I remember vividly fights that my mother and father had. They divorced when I was 6 years old. I went through phases in life where I didn't know how to handle everything that was going on. I saw counselors as a child. And a teen. It didn't seem to change much. I had some pretty rough experiences with my mother and step father. I was sexually abused in my teenage years. I have had bad relationships mentally and physically abusive and I always feel like I've done something wrong. But I know I havent. I just can't take much more. I have changed jobs and nothing in my life ever seems to change. I should be a happy person because I am in a relationship with a great man, but he seems to think I am unhappy and bring the worst out in him and myself. And as far as feeling normal, well I can't tell you that I know how to answer that other than I want to feel safe, and happy and ok with everyday life.
I am so sorry to hear you have been through this. I think maybe you need to work through some forgiveness. Do you feel anger toward those that have hurt you? I wouldn’t blame you if you did. The fact is though, as long as you feel anger toward them, they still are in control. Does that make sense?
FORGIVENESSAccuse the perpetrator, make no excuses for them.
To forgive them, you do the following:Acknowledge the pain they have caused, do not sugarcoat it.Hold them Accountable. Let them reap whatever consequences they reap.You Accept things as they are.Let go of it. If you hang onto it, you give them the pleasure of destroying your life.
I hope I was a help to you. Will you do me a favor and give me a five star rating for my answer so I can be paid for it. If you have any comments or questions please post them here. I want to help you.Thank you!
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)