Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I need to talk to someone about my relationship. I don't…

Customer Question
I need to talk...

I need to talk to someone about my relationship. I don't know if something is healthy or not.

Doctor's Assistant: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?

My mood is blah

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

I have been diagnosed with severe anxiety and panic disorder about 2 years ago. I do not take medication for it

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Dealing with which one?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mental Health
My boyfriend took the day off of work, and is sitting outside my work to "watch" me (I feel) and he doesn't think it's a problem. He has severe trust issues, and this morning felt as though I did something to imply I was going to be unfaithful, and then decided to stay at my work. He think's it is fine, and that the only reason he is doing it, is because he feels it's a waste in gas to go home.
11/17/2017
Mental Health Professional: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 8 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello! My name is JOHN. I am sorry you are having this issue. I find his behavior very disturbing. Trust is a basic need in any relationship. Unless there is a reason for this distrust, if I were you, I would tell him either he trust me or do without me. You cannot have a strong relationship with this going on. He needs to get over it or break it off. Understand, that is my opinion. You only other option is put up with it, which I cannot imagine. Does that make sense to you?