Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I suffer from social anxiety, insomnia, panic attacks, and…

Customer Question
Hi, My name is*****...

Hi, My name is***** suffer from social anxiety, insomnia, panic attacks, and ocd. I had a doctor for a while, when i had health insurance. I lost my insurance, and she changed practices and can't see me anymore. Long story short, we tried many meds, prozac, paxil, wellbutren, and several others. Some left me dis-functional, others had no effect. She finally tried alprazolam, and it was a miracle. I could go out with my friends again, i could sleep at night. My wife and I got along better. Now I'm back to locking myself in the house, and not going out. Not sleeping for days at a time. I was just dropped, cold turkey. Nothing I could do. I'm looking for help again, but after my last doctor was so condescending and rude, i'm to anxious to go back in person. She had me take a test for bi-polar disorder, walked out of the room for 5 seconds with the test, then came back in, threw the test on the bed and said "the test was inconclusive" and walked out of the room. Then I tried my local mental health center (4 Rivers) and the doc there was willing to write my prescription for xanax, they wanted my to do therapy too, which i was very excited about as i had good memories from therapy when i was young and lived in california. I quit going before I got the prescription though, because the therapist (which i liked very much) canceled 4 out of my 5 appointments, leaving me somewhat depressed and thinking even the therapist didn't want to help me. Please Help!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

This has been going on several years, I did have a doc taking care of me for a while, but like i said, she moved practices and can't see me. The doctor she referred me too was very rude and unprofessional. Then I lost my insurance.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

Not that I am aware of.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mental Health
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/17/2017
Mental Health Professional: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 5 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)

Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. I am reviewing your question and will reply in a moment.

I know the call proposal is kind of late, but I would like to help you. It sounds like you have had a hard time getting he help you need. I am sorry for that.

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist