Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Need details on how to titrate off (if need be) from Viibryd…

Need details on how...

Need details on how to titrate off (if need be) from Viibryd and then start Effexor.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Viibryd 40 mg and will be starting Effexor 37.5 to begin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

Everything else is normal no issues

11/16/2017
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

I am a Psychiatrist and i believe that i can help you with your query.

The drug switch over that you are planning to do needs to be done under the guidance of your prescribing doctor/ psychiatrist. I am going to lay out a plan of switch over below, kindly discuss this with your doctor before embarking on it.

1) Reduce viibryd to 20 mg dose and take it for 1 week

2) Then take 20 mg dose of viibryd on alternate day for next 1 week and then stop it completely. So in two weeks you should be off viibryd.

3) After gap of 2 days start on effexor xr 37.5 mg once a day for 1 10 days and then you may increase the dose to 37.5 mg dose taken twice a day , say morning and evening, respectively.

The next dose titration shall be discussed with your doctor after at least 3 weeks of being on this 37.5 mg dose twice a day dosing.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards

Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist