Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

Im feeling extremely depress i cry all the time dont want to

Customer Question
Hi Im feeling extremely depress...
Hi Im feeling extremely depress i cry all the time dont want to be in the company of poeple just want to be alone .I have suicidal thoughts all the time and not eating its getting worse every day dont feel like waking up in the morning. My friend said i should ask for Cilift . will this work on me
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mental Health
11/14/2017
Mental Health Professional: LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker replied 1 month ago
LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker

Hi, thank you for writing. My name is***** poor appetite and thoughts of suicide are major symptoms of depression. You should talk to your primary care doctor asap about a medication to start. Yes, taking Cilift could help you as it is a common anti-depressant medication.

Now, if you are really feeling like you are getting worse and may harm yourself, i suggest you go to your nearest hospital for fast evaluation and to see if they feel you need to be admitted for help. Thinking about suicide on and off can happen with depression, but starting to think through a plan, such as when or how you plan to die is where it starts to get worrisome and where (I would want you to get more immediate help.

If you are having thoughts of suicide and need to talk, please call the Suicide Helpline any day, anytime. http://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ 1-***-***-**** (US line).

Also, consider looking for a counselor who can help treat depression through therapy. The ideal treatment for depression is a combination of counseling and medication and because you feel so bad, I strongly encourage you to start both without delay. https://www.therapist-directory.co.za/

I am here to chat but replies may be delayed. I really hope you feel better!

http://www.sadag.org/

-Leah

Hi, I noticed this question is still open because it is unrated. Can I help further? Let me know!

-Leah

LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker