Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I was wondering if there's like a resort with a mental

Hi! I was wondering...

Hi! I was wondering if there's like a resort with a mental health care system where everything you regarding mental health is taken care off. For example get tested for any mental disorders, talk with psychiatrists and therapist, better understand one's self, personality and brain, etc. I don't know it's really hard to explain what i mean but basically a place to go to when your mental health isn't doing so good and that gets taken care of. Something far more than just a psychiatric clinic.

Doctor's Assistant: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?

Been better i guess

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

Nothing significant

I was thinking that Amen Clinics would be the closest thing to what i am looking for.
If not then what would you think is the best psychiatry clinic/doctor in America?
Also do SPECT scans detect ADHD?
11/14/2017
TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Therapist

Hello, I'd like to help you with your questions.

There are some treatment agencies that have groups of mental health professionals working together. However, most treatment in mental health is done by individual psychiatrists and therapists who are trained and who understand how to test through evaluations and testing itself. And usually for what most people are diagnosed with, seeing a psychiatrist and/or therapist is enough to address their problems and help them to feel better. The mental health treatment facilities that someone can go to will have at least a psychiatrist, several therapists and other mental health professionals that can help anyone who comes for treatment. Places such as community mental health centers, hospitals (with psychiatric services) and clinics have several professionals on staff. Most likely, you will have a these centers in your community, unless you live in a very rural area.

The best psychiatrist and/or clinic is the one that fits your needs best. I understand that you might be looking for the best rated, but that is a very subjective topic. The therapist or psychiatrist that helps you may not be appropriate for someone else. That is because each person is different and their needs are also different. People are complex with symptoms and treatments that will help. It's not like a broken bone or a flu. Mental health diagnoses are based on symptoms (sometimes different for each person), history of that person, current living environment and support for that person. The right treatment for you is also based on your compatibility with the mental health professional you want to work with. As a result, the right therapist or psychiatrist for that person will depend on what the mental health professional's experience and education are and if the patients feels comfortable with that professional. For example, if you think you may have an anxiety diagnosis, finding a therapist you feel comfortable with that has experience or specific training in treating anxiety is the best professional for you. However, they may not be the best professional for someone with drug and alcohol issues or depression. While the professional could certainly help most people, finding someone with specific experience is best.

SPECT scans are currently being debated in the mental health community. While there is research and some of it is promising, there are no current uses of SPECT in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders, at least in the mainstream. Amen clinics are one of the leaders in using SPECT scans. However, they are a money making company rather than a scientific treatment facility accepted by the mental health community. You could certainly try it and see if it helps. However, you may want to have your results reviewed by a mental health professional to confirm any diagnosis, before you decide on treatment.

I hope this has helped you,

MaryAnn

Hello, I have not heard back from you. If you have any further questions or need clarification, please let me know. But if you are happy with your answer, may I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer.

Thank you so much!

MaryAnn

TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Therapist