Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I am looking for support in dealing with narcissistic abuse…

Customer Question
Hello, I am looking...

Hello, I am looking for support in dealing with narcissistic abuse in my family and from a few doctors in my recent past.

Doctor's Assistant: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?

I'm actually recovering a lot more, but there is still a few nights of sleep deprevation. I found out about the personality disorder within these people 3 years ago, and I'm still recovering as best I can.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

I have uncontrolled epilepsy, and this narcissistic abuse and their associates doing their hidden work for them without realizing it, have been the major trigger to my stress and anxiety which then trigger seizures. Medical treatments have not worked, and I can't discuss this with neurologists, especially since two of them were not honest about my medical records in the past, which is dangerous.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I have had epilepsy since infancy and was diagnosed at age 4 (I'm 34 years old now). Whatever helps to raise GABA, in moderation, has helped. Examples are meditation, yoga and Pilates, green tea (1-2 cups), deep breathing, multivitamins, and having lots of fruits and vegetables.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mental Health
11/13/2017
Mental Health Professional: LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker replied 7 months ago
LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker

Hi, my name is***** am happy to offer you support as I know what a toll this abuse can have. Is there something specific you are looking for?

-Leah

Just to talk to a professional who counsels us and helps those of us who've been narcissisticalle abused. My sister, dad, and uncle all have this, but I'm still dealing with my sister who connects with them. Need advice and just basic support, even if it's online. Thank you for your response. It's been very hard to find support.
Can we schedule for tomorrow possibly? I'm about to have dinner. I live in South Carolina, and I only have time to talk tomorrow or afterwards.

Hi, I can definitely point you to some resources in your area as this site is not meant to be used for ongoing counseling, but more for question and answer-type support. Many people who have suffered from this abuse need to have a more supportive person in their corner like a community therapist who they can see face-to-face and can explain their story to in depth. Here is my favorite resource for finding someone like this... http://therapists.psychologytoday.com.

I am certainly here as a resource for some exchange, but just didn't want to leave you feeling like this was this resource best suited to your needs at this time. If you want to schedule a phone session, maybe we can talk about that tomorrow . Just note, I am in a professional conference all day tuesday and Wednesday and will have limited computer access. I will be around tomorrow evening.

-Leah

Thank you for letting me know. Will keep in touch.

I'll be around! Thanks, ***** *****

-Leah

Hello Leah, I need to decline for now. I learned that my sister will still be around for almost two weeks. It's difficult to have a private conversation when staying with her, her two three year old children, our mom, and two dogs. Thank you for your help.

No problem at all. I'll stand by - just reply here if/when you eel up to connecting :). I wish you the best as you navigate the company!!

-Leah