Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

My daughter has polar disorder and has ruined her marriage…

Customer Question
My daughter has bi...

My daughter has bi polar disorder and has ruined her marriage and life. She drinks and recently the school at which my grandson attends thought she was drunk shen she went to pick him up. I am completely finished with her. She has lied and lied again .

Doctor's Assistant: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

Depression in the past

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

Yes my son and boyfriend.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mental Health
11/10/2017
Mental Health Professional: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 8 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is***** am so sorry to hear this. It is so difficult to see your child ruin her life this way. The truth of the matter is the only way you will help her is to not help her. She has to see the depths of her fall to be convinced of its reality. It’s ok to let her know she is loved, but also let her know you love her so much you can no longer shooort her in her misery. If she wants a relationship, with you she is going to have to give up her havit. Don’t abandon her but wait on her where she needs to be. Let her know you will support her only in her sobriety. Does that make sense?
will you do me a favor and give a five star rating for my answer so I can be paid for it. If you have any comments or questions please post them here. I want to help you.Thank yo