Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Bipolar2,anxiety, avoidant pd.having swirling pinballing…

bipolar2,anxiety, avoidant pd.having swirling pinballing...
bipolar2,anxiety, avoidant pd.having swirling pinballing dark thoughts. depressed, frustrated, feeling hopeless. I have taken many different meds in the past but what i am taking now doesn't work that great. i am in therapy also. therapist doesn't feel i need med review. my psychiatrist left the area and am on a very LONG waiting list. Can you make some suggestions that i can take to my GP to ask about? please.
11/6/2017
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
I am a Psychiatrist and I believe that I can help you with your query.
Please mention all the medications that you are currently taking?
Regards
Lamotrigine, Abilify, Clonazepam (as needed), Coversyl, Pariet, Tramadol, Naproxen, ventolin (as needed), Pumicort inhaler.

Thanks for the inputs.

Well, since you are having dark thoughts and depressive features, it seems like your underlying bipolar disorder is shifting towards depression and hence i suggest that you ask your doctor to add a low dose of anti depressant medication such as Paxil xr 12.5 mg or lexapro 5 mg in the morning. This shall take away the gloomy and sullen mood and provide you the right balance in your mood. Once your mood has been stabilized then you can consider come off this anti depressant and continue taking the rest of the drugs as it is.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards

Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist