Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have been having severe panic attacks. I am currently

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having severe panic attacks. I am currently waiting to hear back from PA schools and I haven't slept in 5 days. what do i do.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I pace back and forth

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mental Health
11/3/2017
Mental Health Professional: LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker replied 9 months ago
LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker

Hi, thanks for writing. My name is***** sounds like you are a student somewhere? I would head to the student health services (or your own doctor) asap to talk to someone about a short-term prescription for a benzodiazepine so you can get some immediate relief from your anxiety and hopefully break the cycle of panic/anxiety enough to sleep.

When are you expecting to hear from your PA programs?

-Leah

Hi, just checking back to see how you are doing?