Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have been taking .25 Ativan to sleep for seven months, due…

I have been taking .25...
I have been taking .25 Ativan to sleep for seven months, due to taking Levaquin, which brought on terrible anxiety and many other symtoms which were horrific. I feel I am hurting my Gaba transmitters more. Will my original levaquin symptoms return after ativan is discontinued? What is the best way to discontinue? I am a mental wreck over all of this. Thank you.
10/17/2017
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
Do you want to know how you can come off Ativan without getting withdrawal symptoms and whether coming off Ativan will once again allow insomnia to develop ?
Regards
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
how to come off........is this unsafe? Also, will I have the horrific anxiety again that Levaquin did to me?