Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

I am desperate for something to help with my anxiety. For

Customer Question
instance, I'm sitting here...
I am desperate for something to help with my anxiety. For instance, I'm sitting here inn a Dr's office ave a lady behind me id's chewing gum and I am so course to turning around and saying something because it disgusts me. I have no friends left because my social skills have comepletely depleted. I stay tensed up and right now I'm raising a 16 yr old girl and taking care of my father with stage 4 prostate cancer and the Dr I've gone to see is an ex addict and will not write me anything that helps. Everything he writes me is like taking nothing. I used to be on 2, 2 mg xanax a day and I was in school and things were looking up but every since I lost my insurance, I'm back to sitting at home, not taking to anyone. I really need help and habe nobody willing to help me
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I had my first anxiety attack at 17 and now I'm 40. Nothing particular brings it on, it's just always there. I feel like I'm having a heart attack but have been tested and have no heart problems. It's just a mess and ours causing my school to suffer and my family too
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: No, I had a great childhood, just speaking with knowing I'm losing my father soon and gabbing such a had strong child. Even before all of this it was this way though..... this has just amplified it
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mental Health
10/16/2017
Mental Health Professional: LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker replied 3 months ago
LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker

Hello and thanks for writing. My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear things are tough, especially with your Dad being sick. It sounds like you may be seeking a prescription -unfortunately this site doesn't offer help with that as of now. If you were looking for other support for your anxiety beyond meds and want to talk about that. let me know. If just meds, I i can ask customer service to process a refund for you.

-Leah

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist