Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

My husband 31 can he be having a midlife crisis? Or is it…

Customer Question
Hi my husband 31...

Hi my husband 31 can he be having a midlife crisis ? Or is it something else with similar symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?

He is and he gets frustrated easily and has become insecure and at times feels like I don’t love him

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

He has issues with not knowing his dad plus we just had a son and he complains that he does not know how to be a father

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mental Health
Months ago he blamed me and said I was the reason why he’s leaving and that I love our son more than I love him but lately he no longer feels that way he says he confuse he even said been an adult is too stressful he was also seeing someone that I believe he had an emotional affair with . We are now separated. And he ask me to wait for him to figure thinks out but I said no
9/26/2017
Mental Health Professional: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 10 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

It sounds to me like he is having some issues adjusting to married life and parenthood....this can be common when the obligations feel overwhelming. It sounds like he could benefit from talking to a counselor so he has the place to sort out his feelings. If you love him then maybe you give him this time to work on himself and hopefully you can come back together and be a family. He just may need some support to work through all of this.