Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have been using Lexapro 20mg for the last 2 years. It is…

Customer Question
I have been using...

I have been using Lexapro 20mg for the last 2 years. It is not working anymore. But my doctor is still adamant that it is going to work. I want to switch to something else.... could you please help

Doctor's Assistant: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?

No trouble falling asleep, but wake up several times during the night

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

I had Jaundice 11 years ago. No heart, liver or kidney problems

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mental Health
I have been experiencing confusion, difficulty in planning, decision making, unnecessary stress. Sometimes breakdown crying, feel helpless and miserable.
9/22/2017
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

One option would be to increase the dosage. The other would be to add wellbutrin since that wouldn't interact with the history of jaundice you've had before.

Mental Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Otherwise please click on "Rating" when ready.