Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
90967183

Three years ago I was diagnosed with PTSD by a local

Three years ago I was diagnosed with PTSD by a local psychiatrist. I went to him as I was stuck and having a hard time completing any of my household paperwork, I.e., bills, taxes, cling accounts, etc. I'm still stuck. Hence the dx of ptsd.
Since then I realized I was in a relationship with a narsissist which I believe triggered childhood issues (that I don't recall).
Im on the verge of losing my home etc if I can't start functioning. I have had a few
With local people but this isn't their specialty and I hsve a hard time simply making appts and arriving ...
Do you have Any tips? Are there therapists you recommend that could get me over this hump and then continue to help me learn and grow?
Thank you
Kim

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I should have mentioned I am not in any relationships and haven't been for a little over 1 yr.!

Hello Kim and thank you for reaching out to Just Answer. I am here to help but I want us to first talk about whether you think you may have any undiagnosed learning disabilities and/or ADD. I hear time management issues, organizational skills issues and I want to rule these out first. Did you do well in school? Could you stay on task? Thank you, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was not dx with add as a child - however .... i believe my symptoms are very similar to what I read about for add. The psychiatrist I saw in 2014 said no ... he didn't believe in adult dx of it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried hard - but only made b and c's.
Didn't do well on tests ....
and it was hard for me to settle in to get hw done
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Quickly - I did work successfully 17 years - at a publishing co ...
had to go in early and late to "focus" but at least I was able to

I honestly have several adult clients who have been diagnosed as having ADD and have been treated successfully with medication. It is interesting that the psychiatrist did not believe in it for adults. That is not to say you can not have ADD and ADHD. I will write more in nest thread.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If u need to talk - we can - I know it's complex.

Can you do a phone session? I can send the offer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sure

Great! Can you post your phone number please and I will call no.

,,,now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

*************