Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I just can't seem to comprehend Narcissism and be able to…

Customer Question
I just can't seem...

I just can't seem to comprehend Narcissism and be able to move on. I really want to make sure I do this in a healthy way for myself, but appear to be stuck. I've done a lot of research on my own and can logically comprehend what I need to do, but mentally can't seem to get there.

Doctor's Assistant: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with it all. I want to stop thinking, worrying and wondering about him and all of this. I want to be happy and in charge of my life like I was before. I really just want all of this to go away. I have anxiety often. I'm sleeping ok but occasionally wake up frightened in a state of anxiety

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

He just left a little over a month ago. The only thing I have come up with is talking to people about the abuse or his drug addiction because he threatened me if I talk

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

SAD but I don't always use antidepressants for that

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Mental Health Professional: Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC replied 11 months ago
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.