Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have searched the internet high and low and I am shocked I…

Customer Question
I have searched the internet...
I have searched the internet high and low and I am shocked I cannot find a phobia related to this..
It may be multiple things, but I would describe it as a fear of unnatural movements by a human-ish being; twitching, crawling, bizarre contortionist stuff and fast movements associated with the latter. What is this? I would think more people would relate. I have looked into the uncanny valley and such but it's not quite the same. As a reference, I believe it begins with the exorcist spider walk, to the ring, the grudge, the crazy doctor in house on haunted hill. The faster they move the more terrifying. What gives?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 day by:
9/18/2017
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

When you describe a phobia, could you be more specific as to what kind of reaction you get when you witness such movements?

Mental Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago

Did you still need help with this?

If you have further questions please let me know.