LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  10 years post-MSW experience
25232551

I am a life closet crossdresser, No. My wife is very

I am a life long closet crossdresser,
JA: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?
Customer: No. My wife is very understanding so should I just accept it or seek therapy?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: No

Hi, thank you for writing. My name is***** general, if this crossdressing isn't causing significant impairments in your life including disturbances to work, family, self concept, relationship,s etc., then there is no need to pursue therapy. However, if you feel that this is causing you problems regarding your well-being or quality of life, than you should consider seeking therapy to better understand your motivations for this behavior and to find out if there are other ways for you to express this side of you without significant implications. If this is something you have done for a long time and isn't causing problems for you, then accepting that this is just something that makes your tick is completely warranted. We all have quirks and preferences - as long as they don't continuosuly interfere with our well-being or that of others, no need to challenge them.

I hope this helps!

-Leah

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanx. This answer was very helpful.
I don't think I need therapy, but I appreciate your input. Five Stars

Thank you for the reply. So they say nowadays "Do you" meaning live your life the way you want to live it. Take care and thanks for replying :)

-Leah