How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Juliet Cooper Your Own Question
Juliet Cooper
Juliet Cooper, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 48
Experience:  Psychologist in private practice
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Juliet Cooper is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have, I'm reachingout for a friend who is in despert need of

Customer Question

JA: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?
Customer: I'm reachingout for a friend who is in despert need of help she has lost her mom and sister in the past couple years and is in a vey unhealthy releationship she is using meth and she told me that she is cutting herself and wants to be with her sister and mom she is in Nevada right now stranded with a very abusive meth addict and I fear that she is not strong benough to make it through this
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: she is getting disability for mental issues
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Juliet Cooper replied 1 month ago.
Hi, This is Dr. Juliet a licensed Psychologist. I am glad you reached out and you are a caring friend for doing so. It does sound like your friend is in need of immediate help and hopefully you can help influence her in the right direction. It sounds like you are not physically near her so your interventions will have to occur long distance. Is there anyone else that she is involved with that lives near her that you can contact? The first intervention is to get her into inpatient rehab for her addiction. This will also serve to get her away from a toxic situation with her boyfriend. Is there any willingness on her part to go to a rehab program? if inpatient rehab is not feasible, she should get herself to an NA meeting. You can go on AA or NA website and look for meetings in her area. She will most likely need more intervention, but this is a quick and easy start and she will meet very support people who might be able to get her moving in the right direction. I would also go over a plan with her in the event that she wants to hurt herself. Give her concrete suggestions; she can go to any emergency room for help at any time of the day/night. Give her the info for National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1***-***-****. Also, you mention she is on disability for mental issues, is she seeing any mental health professional? If so this is someone she needs to turn to and you can even ask if she would be ok with you reaching out to this person. You are a caring friend and I am sure it's frustrating that you are not close by. Let me know your thoughts on my recommendations.
Expert:  Juliet Cooper replied 1 month ago.
Just checking back to see if you had a chance to read my response. Let me know if I can be of further support
Expert:  Juliet Cooper replied 1 month ago.
If you are satisfied with myvresponse I would appreciate you rating me