How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Foundation: Have a 2-yr relationship with a woman who's

Customer Question

Foundation: Have a 2-yr relationship with a woman who's personal psychologist told me in a past consult with my companion present that my female companion suffers from Complex PTSD. In a later consult with same psych pro and only me present for the purpose of getting insight into my companion's PTSD condition and how to live with it, was told by the psych pro that my companion also suffers from an undisclosed other mental health issue that she couldn't disclose because if she did she would be committing professional malpractice; but the psych pro said you can probably figure out what that mental health condition is. I presumed to myself it's "bipolarism" because of what I've witnessed with sudden/frequent mood swing behaviours.

Any way, have endured 2 yrs of sometimes severe emotional abuse, and brief minor physical abuse from my companion and have reached the end of my patience and that companion is in permanent denial and won't seek help.

Is there any way to intervene with someone's severe mental health illnesses or get local psych help for that person without the afflicted person's involvement/authorization? My companion needs meds, some type of treatment badly/urgently.

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 month ago.

Whats city/state are you in here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This was supposed to go to a mental health pro.
Not a law pro
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thx
Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 month ago.

No problem.