Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

I was taking Zoloft 150 mg once a day then the doctor

Customer Question
changed it to 200 mg...
I was taking Zoloft 150 mg once a day then the doctor changed it to 200 mg per day so how long does the other 50 start to work together with the 150
JA: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?
Customer: My mood is ok ,i have no problem sleeping nor waking up
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: I used to live on the east coast of Florida and I used to work and then I retired and moved to the West Coast a Florida which I don't happen to like very much so being that I used to get depression years ago by me making this move it just so I could change my whole life because I did not like it here like I said I'm trying to get used to it but my depression is still here and my doctor up my medicine from 1:50 to 2 and I just want to know how long is it going to take for the 50% more than he added to start working
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: Yes I have a psychiatrist in the east coast that I see like every 6 months and he prescribes my medication and I was doing well with just a Zoloft and then he also gave me Wellbutrin and I still don't feel right
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mental Health
9/8/2017
Mental Health Professional: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

It may take 4 to 8 weeks to notice a change on the increased dose of the zoloft. Every patient is different with how quickly they respond to dose changes. Its important to take the medication every day as directed.

Did my response fully answer your question?

If so, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

do you have any further questions?

Mental Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Please let us know if you still need help with this problem.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD