Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

OKMH-VZ mental Health, I am actually studying to be a

OKMH-VZ Hello mental Health My...

OKMH-VZ Hello mental Health My name is***** am actually studying to be a counselor im inching closer to my B.S. in Psychology. Since I have been learning, I found out for sure my sister who has been antisocial all her life and a big woman now. Has a mental disorder, I will literaly asked he something about hey Cerrie you know that thing you said, hurt my feelings and she will turn around and act like she is the one being attacked. I will have a rational answer about why i felt that way and then explain it then her not saying anything. My Grandmother ignores it i was raised with her with my grandmother, then have noticed that my Grandmother will get mad and angry for long periods of times, my mother seems to not be able to focus on what the topic is about a person is talking about she will literary dance the subject with other subjects and not address the issue plainly explained to her. My other half sister is similar to my mom she has an end game about what she is trying to get accomplished and don't care who's feelings get hurt or who ever is in her way. I see the line of disorder that seemed to have stemmed from my grandmother and the fact that we lived in small apartment and were poor didn't help. I'm not being rude I have my own faults like ADD id have that, and some anger problems sometimes even the Military hasn't even cured no matter how much Physical training I would do. Can anyone give me an answer of what type of metal disorder this would be that seems to be genetic from my Grandmother. The anger issue could come from her with me, because when I do get angry it clouds my mind and cant think straight. That kind of fits, with how she don't see that when she ignores people for long periods of time she never sees herself that has helped me see that in my own self. Any guesses what the disease would be, my Mom is an alcoholic and seems to magnify this problem. Its not bipolar its not schizophrenia its more like a retardation of some sort.

9/8/2017
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Hello Phelan, welcome to the field of counseling, I can tell from your probing questions and interest that you may have some natural qualities that will serve you and your clients well some day. Phelan, I appreciate your question regarding what could be causing the unhealthy relationship behaviors in my family. Although I am sure you know it is very difficult to diagnose a person without thorough interviewing, the first thing to pay attention to the impact your mother's alcoholism has had on role modeling healthy coping skills and conflict resolution with others. Could you do a little research on Adult Children of Alcoholics and let me know what your thoughts are? Thank you, ***** ***** forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
I have heard of that before. I will do that. Thanks
Linda D.
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC