Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Day 27 of Lexapro 10 mg and day 14 of withdrawal

Customer Question
from.xanax.. Hi..every day I go...
Day 27 of Lexapro 10 mg and day 14 of withdrawal from.xanax.. Hi..every day I go through the day and when I get home someone asks me what I did all day....I have to think about it and can recall everything, but I don't feel attached to the experience....like I know it was me and I know what I did but no feelings attached to the events....so where normally I got my nails done...i could feel the sense of relaxation or the enjoyment of doing that...but there is nothing.
Does that make sense. Is that normal? Is this something serious?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mental Health
9/8/2017
Mental Health Professional: DrRussMd, Doctor replied 8 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Doctor

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

This can be an initial effect of the lexapro.

It can also be from withdrawal from xanax.

You need to make sure your psychiatrist knows about these symptoms.

Just to follow them and make sure they are gone within 6 weeks.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Hi there thank you for your answer. I have little doubt it is withdrawal from Xanax. As this is what started this whole tirade. I was taking 2 mg a day and spontaneously one more after an argument got very depressed. Within a week got off the Xanax completely. After 2 months or so I couldn't take the depression any more and got on lexapro. I only took a few Xanax 2 weeks ago to get over the extreme anxiety of starting Xanax. Every time I took it, the withdrawals would start all over again 8 hours later. I have now been off them for 18 days but still don't feel like myself. How long do you anticipate this will go on? I'm losing hope

OK

First of all you need to make sure your doctor is up on this.

If this goes on more than 6 weeks, it is not from withdrawal, and lexapro might not be the drug for you.

OK, please click a 5 on the rating scale. Come back as needed. The scale is at the top of the page.

DrRussMd
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Doctor