Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have this weird feeling that comes and goes ,, i used to…

i have this weird feeling...
i have this weird feeling that comes and goes ,, i used to have anxiety and used Lexotan 3mg for about 3 years ,, i have stopped using it for like 6 to 7 months i felt fine , now im coping/struggling with some mood swings ,, like feeling uninterested in certain things i used to like , i feel like disconnected sometimes ,, and at night i feel a lot better than in the day , like the sun disturbs me , i really need some helo with this :(
9/1/2017
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
I am a Psychiatrist and I believe that I can help you with your query.
How is your mood ? Is it sad or anxious ?
Have you become socially withdrawn ?
Have you become irritable and erratic in your behavior ?
Have you lost previously felt and interest and pleasure in activities ?
Does the weird feeling that comes and goes associated with anxiety ?
Regards
Hello Doctor my mood saings more towards the sad side , also a little socially withdrawn, irritable not so much
I have lost some pleasure in my day to.day activities , my anxiety is not so big as before

Thanks for the inputs.

Well, it seems like you have most likely slipped into depression and it is because of that you are experiencing mood swings which are more towards sadness and apathy. I feel that you need to get restarted on an anti depressant drug this time around such as lexapro ( escitalopram ) at dose of 10-20 mg / day or paxil cr ( paroxetine controlled release ) at dose of 12.5 to 37.5 mg/ day and continue any one of these for at least 8-12 weeks so as to come out of this depressive phase. In between you may take klonopin ( clonazepam) at dose of 0.25 mg on prn basis that is as and when required basis at times of increased overthinking, restlessness, extreme sadness, mood swings, etc

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards

Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist