Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

If I take Klonopin, do I need buspar too or should I stop

If I take Klonopin, do I need buspar too or should I stop taking the buspar? I was prescribed both along with zoloft. Thank you.

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

I am a Psychiatrist and i believe i can help you with your query.

Well, the answer is NO. You should not take buspar if you have been taking klonopin since both of these drugs work against anxiety besides use of klonopin will reduce the efficacy of buspar and its use will be rendered redundant since klonopin is more powerful than buspar.

So i suggest that you come off buspar and continue taking klonopin and zoloft. Make sure that for better efficacy klonopin is taken in 2 divided doses.

I hope this makes sense.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards