Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

What can I do to un-stress? I've painted my nails for the…

What can I do to...
What can I do to un-stress? I've painted my nails for the first time in ages, and my husband has court RIGHT NOW. I am just wishing for his wellness, and ours as a family. It's for him assaulting me, but I never wanted him arrested before, and he is not in jail now, but he's finally been assigned a public defender who we don't have faith in.
8/17/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How can I help?

I don't know for sure. I am just stressed out. I feel like vomiting from the stress. I have had so much going on. Deaths, court, kids, and my own health ailments. I can't get in to see my Dr until September. I just want to relax. I can't sleep.

have you tried exercise, meditation or yoga?

All of that. My hugest concern right now is the pain on the left side of my back underneath my shoulderblade. It has become exponentially worse and I cant see my family Dr. until September. I've had it for months. I've vomited from the pain. I don't know what to do. Insurance won't cover going in now.I'm not allowed to suddenly die at 33 with kids.

You're not going to die

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers

If you have more questions, just reply :)

Thanks for this question.

Well the court thing ended in him having what's called a settlement conference for his next court date. He thinks that means his public defender and his prosecuting attorney will come to some agreement and then discuss it then at court with him present.With my own health, I failed to mention that I drink and smoke. I hate to say, drink a lot. And apparently, no treatment is covered for anything unless it's medical. How is inpatient treatment not medical, and why isn't it covered without a referral to at least some extent. And good grief we're talking like $1100 a day, for at -least- 2 weeks.

I'm sorry all of this is happening to you :(

Thanks for this question.

I ask this since you are a Dr. I have this amazing pain underneath my left shoulder blade. The whole muscle group there that runs down. The worst pain I've ever had. It gets increasingly worse, every day.I made an appt. to see a chiropracter, who I don't know if he has the right diagnostic equipment or whatnot.I have been using pain creams and taking acetomenophin, tyelenol basically, just one at a time, since I drink. But I can't really get any consecutive sleep and feel like vomiting from the pain.Also, I have something else embarrasing to say.
To finish up with the back pain, I used to be a gymnast. I did vaulting, bars, etc. All of it. I "jammed" my back, back then. I don't know if that could be a cause of the pain, as I've aged, or if it's the falls I've taken since, slipping on ice on our porch stairs, etc.
I will wait on the embarrassing thing. I feel unready to discuss it.
But don't you think it'd be better to see a chiropracter than a dr. for back pain? I mean we only have one spine, and I don't want to be on meds or get surgery.

You could try a chiro first

that is reasonable

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Sorry, this is long but very pertinent. It is a paste from talking with another counselor on another website.I missed my chiropracter appt. And I am still in pain, but you will see, what other issues are on my mind. If you can give any advice asap, I'd appreciate it.Here it is:Me:Yesterday was the worst day of my life. I lost my kids.
Me:They mean everything to me. Part of why I online public "homeschool" them.
Me:I called the cops because my husband has a history of getting violent with me, and he is in court for assaulting me
Jena:Why did they take your children?
Me:But he never did hurt me, or the kids in anyway ever, today
Me:Because they had us both take a breathalizer, however you spell that, and we were both over the legal limit. And I said, neither of us are driving! And then
Me:brb
Me:I need to sob
Me:I thought the guy was a jerk
Me:Anyway he gave me two options after announcing he'd be taking my kids away
Me:He said I could either go to the hospital in an ambulance or go to detox
Jena:What option did you take.
Me:I'm thinking, why am I the one being targeted here. My husband is the one with a proven record of hurting me, even if my blood alcohol level was higher
Me:I asked him, what is the difference, between going to the hospital or detox?
Me:He didn't really give a clear explanation, but it sounded like having the paramedics come over to assess me and take me away was the better option
Me:But anyway, they assessed me, and saw that even though I was an alcoholic, I am completely functional. I have other health issues they were made aware of, back pain I have pain cream for. And that I had already scheduled an appt, over 2 months ago basically. They nodded their heads and knew the DR. I was talking about and how busy his schedule is
Jena:I'm listening.
Me:And that I want to see MY doctor, not someone else
Me:Which is why I have been waiting
Me:Anyway, that stupid cop took my damn kids away!! And made me look like a fool. And after he sent the EMT's away, who said I was just fine after taking my blood pressure and being aware of my Dr and his schedule and me answering all their questions like what day of the week is it, when were you born, etc
Me:brb phone
Jena:ok
Jena:I will transfer you now.
Ruth:Good morning, my name is*****:Hi Ruth. Let me know when you are caught up. Good morning to you too
Ruth:I just read over your conversation with Jena. I am so sorry you are having such a rough time.
Me:There is no reason they should have taken the kids
Me:I passed his stupid EMT assessment
Me:I was not incapable
Me:I was not driving
Me:And I asked, is it not legal for me to drink
Me:And they said no, it is legal
Me:So I don't understand why they took the kids, or what right they had
Me:I am completely capable, even if my habit affects my health
Me:So what do I do?
Ruth:Do you have anyone helping you? Laywer?
Me:The reason I called was because I thought our argument might escalate into violence toward me. He is in court for shoving me down and making a physical injury to me. The kids saw it, and child protective services became involved. They just closed the case after seeing these kids are spoiled and unharmed
Me:But then we got into an argument yesterday morning
Me:I have no one helping me
Me:But he is in court and has a public defender
Me:And he has also threatened to take the kids away from me and let his relatives raise them while he sends me off
Me:And with a mediator, we discussed all this
Me:It just happened yesterday
Me:I just talked to him
Me:My husband
Me:And he asked if he should talk to his sister about how to get the kids back since she has connections
Ruth:I think you might want to consider a lawyer so that you can do what is best for your children
Me:I have a website that can give advice. But I can't afford a lawyer
Me:I have no income
Me:Maybe my husband could have his public defender help
Ruth:What did the police say? You will likely need a laywer to get your children back?
Me:But he is defending him for assaulting me
Me:Do you think his public defender could help?
Me:I've basically expressed everything that happened
Ruth:Hi defender is working for him. You may need to find someone who is working for you.
Me:How can I?
Me:And on top of that, we own this house and everything together, if he leaves.
Me:I am just going to wait to see what I hear from anybody today. They won't even let me talk to my kids.
Me:We didn't do anything wrong to them
Me:Why can't I even speak to them? Minnesota laws are bullshit
Me:How do I cope?
Ruth:First take a deep breath. This is a hard and scary situation and I know it hurts. Focus on your children and doing what is best for them. You will need to really listen when they are telling you what you can do, be humble and take the steps you need to
Ruth:be back together with your children. You are worrying about things that are way

Do you think you have an alcohol issue?

Thanks for this question

I do have an alcohol issue. I was shaking all over after I didn't drink as much yesterday. Which hurt my back even more, my initial question for you. Vomiting, etc. Having a feeling of pins and needles and numbness in my legs, arms, hands, and feet. Waking up with a racing heart and panic. Throwing up. It's terrible.And my insurance won't cover anything without copays we can't afford without losing our home.How can I get inpatient treatment that won't bankrupt us?
All I basically want is to get unaddicted physically, I know I need counseling but I have other avenues such as this website and others where I could have my kids back after one week of just physically detoxing. I'd prefer a medically-induced coma to make it happen fast.
I will be seeing my Dr. tomorrow, but I'd like more than one opinion. So I am open to your suggestions.

there is no inpatient treatment unfortunately

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor