Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have had trouble sleeping for a few weeks have depression…

Customer Question
I have had trouble...

I have had trouble sleeping for a few weeks have depression and anxiety. At 10:00pm I took my Restorial 7.75 and 1/2 tablet of Ambein 3mg I think. Still awake, any suggestions?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

About 4 weeks and I also had a bout of Restless Legs been feeling this way for a couple of months. My Dad is 91 and I take care of him but lately he has been in pretty good shape

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

I was very sick last year with 4 bouts of pneumonia before they figured out It was aspiration from reflux going down into my rt lung in the hospital 3 times and also contracted Sepis and I'm just now starting to get my strength back

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mental Health
Have you reached out to anyone) Yes my internal medicine doctor whom has prescribed the medications
Can I take anything else tonight without being real sleepy tomorrow.?
Am I going to hear something soon?
8/6/2017
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist replied 11 months ago
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

I am a Psychiatrist and i believe i can help you with your query.

Well, after regular use of restoril 7.5 mg , ambien ( i.e zolpidem ) at 1.5 mg ( half of 3 mg ) that you took would not help because of the development of cross tolerance owing to the regular use of restoril, hence you should start taking 5 mg of ambien regularly for sleep which will help you to sleep better and this will bypass the need for using restoril also. As of tonight you can take 3 mg of ambien again for getting a good night sleep.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards