Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

Is an obsession with the dead human body normal. But I can't…

Customer Question
Hello is an obsession...

Hello is an obsession with the dead human body normal

Doctor's Assistant: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?

Yes ...but I can't stop looking at corpses...also I am avoidant to people ...YES why YOU ask

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

Avoidant personality, unhealthy relationships, autism disorder, bullied heavily, having nightmares and scared regularly by my interests..What does this all mean am I weirded out by the death stuff or is it the psychiatric issues that cause the fear as WELL?? Please Help

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mental Health
8/6/2017
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist replied 6 months ago
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

What exactly do you feel about the dead body ?

Have you been on any medications or therapy for your underlying psychiatry conditions ?

Regards

HI, I have horrible relationships at home with parents. they are so dysfunctional as well and don't understand me. I am autistic disagnosed at age 24, now as the years have passed I have had men try to use me., been afraid to talk to individuals about my interests and even now have had avoidant personality. I am also low iq and learning disabled with adjustment disorder. I 've always been obsessed with the human body and the insides, injuries, even more So when it's dead. However here is the tricky part I've never broken the law because of this obsession but am otherwise Numb to the death so to speak intrigued by it and can't stop looking. YOu may remember the Faces of death series which I own along with a collection of morbid books and dvds. You may Also remember banned from tv series and death the final journeys dvd collections. I've viewed graphic content since A very young age, very young, yet grew up an otherwise normal child though an aloof, distant one as the years went by from years of special ed and being excluded, made fun of, etc.. I have a few associates at work, yet am always made fun of and the obsession is eating away at me yet I can't stop viewing I just can't I love the peaceful thing about death I guess. I am afraid to date afraid to talk to people afraid they will find out about me and my autism and this obsession, and I lost a date from avoidant personality and I left a job. ANY body any disease I will view it. PLEASE answer to THE fullest
BUT I am NOT good socializing with people, I freeze up stutter, don't; know what the hell to SAY, DR and online dating is easier to face them But again when I meet them in real life it's akward again having to decide when and if to tell them about my disorders, that I don't drive, etc. BUT again I do great at work and when riding horses. I have a dog and she loves me to and I LOVE her. MAYBE the morbidity is easier because I am not good with people??
HELLO
WHERE ARE U GUYS I NEED ADVICE AND HELP
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist