Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

I am very upset. My employer htook, cut my hours and

Customer Question

I am very upset. My employer htook
JA: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?
Customer: cut my hours and benefits. They did it nationwide. I do not know what to do. My current job gave my 40 hours last week. The company can only guarantee me about 13 hours aw
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: a week. What should I do? Stick around? Or look for a new job?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 2 months ago.

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

Well, i can understand your situation and empathize with you.

You see had this sort of scenario been there only for you then things would have been different and you would have considered switching jobs.

But at this moment when the situation that you find yourself in is generalized and everyone is being subjected to the same case scenario, so i feel you should hang in there and do not be impulsive in taking a random decision about job change , specially when the current job scenario is precarious.

So first find a suitable job alternative and then you may consider switching over to it so as of now you continue staying put on the job patiently.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards