Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have been married for ten years, we both have grown

Customer Question
I have been married...

I have been married for ten years, we both have grown children! My husband has a four year old grandchild! He keeps her occasionly, she is a good little girl, usually days before she is due to stay my husband will start a fight with me or cause some type of conflict so that when she does arrive he isn't speaking to me and completely ignores me the whole time she is there and goes and does things with her that I am not included in, it's like she is just his possession! After she leaves he will act like everything is back to normal. He doesn't act like this when she visits with her parents just when he keeps her overnight. It hurts my feeling and I feel like there is nothing normal about it

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have no psin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

You must be confusing messages

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mental Health
7/31/2017
Mental Health Professional: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 11 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Please excuse just answers canned response. I think you need to first make sure you husband knows how this makes you feel. Let him know that you are her stepmom and have a right to be a part of her life. The next party is going to be difficult, but if you cannot be part of every aspect of his life, you will not be part of any part of his life. Once you have made your statement, need to back it up with action. Do not allow him to treat you different before and after comes to visit. I know that is harsh, but you need to be part of your stepdaughter's life.