Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Im on 5mg esopram and it doesnt help me sleep so im

Hi im on 5mg...

Hi im on 5mg esopram and it doesnt help me sleep so im wondering if its okay to take imovan to sleep

Doctor's Assistant: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?

Almost no sleep at all

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

I have ocd and anxiety disorder and interstitial cystisis

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I have post trauma syndrome disorder so i get flashbacks and very terrible anxiety attacks..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, i would like to know if its okay to take phenergan with esopram for sleep and reducing inflammation to my bladder.
I used to be addicted to cannabis to treat my anxiety so im not fund of benzo medicine like sobril, im afraid to get hooked on benzo medicines... thats bad.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ive tried seroquel...i hate the side effects but it makes me sleep.
7/19/2017
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
I am a Psychiatrist and and I believe that I can help you with your query.
Well, you can take imovane at dose range of 3.75 - 7.5 mg or phenergan at dose of 10-25 mg with esopram without any problem since both of them work well with esopram and are well tolerated and either of them are well tolerated by the body.
I however suggest that you first discuss with your doctor to up the dose of esopram to 10 mg so as to help you with your sleep and other symptoms and add imovane at dose of 5 mg so as to help your sleep. If imovane does not provide you sleep even at higher dose of 7.5 mg then you can try phenergan at bedtime at dose of 10 mg. Kindly discuss this strategy with your doctor and do the needful.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you!
Is it possible to go into hypomanic state on esopram?
Im dealing with adhd,ocd,depression,anxiety, chronic pain and i have almost no appetite. Im not getting any appetite on esopram.I havent eaten normal for years due to the fact i have interstitial cystisis and almost no appetite due to the anxiety.Im pretty sure i need some minerals and vitamins in my body thats creating more anxiety and worse sleep.Im taking magnesium threonite and d vitamin along with omega3 but i cant take c and b due to the fact it causes a flare of inflammation to my bladder.Im wondering how to convince the drs in iceland to take a bloodtest to check my levels but they have not been supportive of that idea yet. Any idea on how to convince the lazy icelandic doctors?Im only 55kg and 171cmMale31 years old.
Well, since you have been tolerating 5 mg dose of esopram quite well
the chances of you developing hypomania are negligible however still one can never totally rule out development of it but the dose of 10 mg is still not a high dose and is an appropriate dose for starting this drug in an adult person ( also taking into consideration the weight and height and overall BMI - Body Mass Index ) , because you see 5 mg dose is sub-standard dose meaning that it will not do any sort of Significant improvement in your symptoms of depression , OCD , anxiety. So good to be cautious about the side effects but not too much that your fear of side effects starts affecting your drug choices otherwise this would interfere with your recovery.
So I still suggest you to take 10 mg dose of esopram.
And as far as your weight is concerned you need to atleast try to convince your doctor to prescribe you vitamin b12 at dose of 750- 1500 , L methyl folate 7.5 mg as supplements to provide you much needed nutrients to help your recovery from Depression, OCD and anxiety.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Regards
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist