Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

Hopefully you still have my information from the last time I

Hi there,Hopefully you still have my information from the last time I requested you.I had spoken to you about Lorazepam tapering in the past. I stopped using Lorazepam in may but was prescribed a small amount for a recent trip to Las Vegas for a family wedding. A holiday I was very anxious about.However I had quite a few episodes of both anxiety and panic while there and had to visit a hospital for another prescription. Altogether I used about 22mg over the course of about 16 days. Some days I didn't use any, some days I only needed 0.5mg and there were a few times when I had to use 1mg 3 times in a day.I don't have any left but should I have had to taper again like I did months ago or is it OK not to taper when it was only used for a 2 week period?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is this still being processed?
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
Well, if you have been using lorazepam on PRN basis that is as and when required basis the way you took it recently during your trip to Vegas then you do not need to taper the drug since the stead state of this drug never actually reached in your body system.
So do not worry about tapering and you may continue using it on prn basis provided you take it only when the panic and anxiety is overwhelming and do not start misusing the same to seek transient moments fof relaxation for minor anxiety / stress.
I hope this makes sense.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards