Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

After taking g both celexa and cymbalta. Cymbalta being

Customer Question

After taking g both celexa and cymbalta. Cymbalta being significantly less effective for my depression issues. I was curious as to the physiological effects of both drugs. Trying to be more proactive in my treatment. Finding my current provider to be inexperienced
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: I was switched to cymbalta about three months ago. There have been a few follow ups . Not very impressed with my treatment. I've delt with depression for aboutique 25 yrs. I approached my Dr. About current treatment, I was on Celexa 40mg. I had recently stopped taking welbutrin 50mg twice daily as a smoking cessation treatment.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: I have been treated with different opiate based medications for 7 years now due to spinal stenosis and a degenerative disc disease. It with the pain meds has not been the greatest boost to my deppression. I've had two back surgeries in the past 18 months, resulting in better mobility and lower doses of pain meds.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nicholas Merwood replied 3 months ago.

Hello - thanks for getting in touch. It's great that your trying to understand how these medications work and what they do to your body. Having an understanding of what you are taking is important. Please let me know exactly what you would like to know and we can go from there.