Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

OKMH710211 If stress is too high, how do you meditate enough…

Customer Question
OKMH710211 If stress is too...

OKMH710211 If stress is too high, how do you meditate enough to get more than an hour of sleep at a time?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mental Health
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know why it was showing that experts are still reviewing, but to answerI get so exhausted I can sleep for like 3 hours at a time really hard and then not be able to sleep
7/11/2017
Mental Health Professional: Patience, Therapist replied 1 year ago
Patience
Patience, Therapist

Hello- I am sorry that you are having such a problem. Sleep disturbances can cause so much trouble in other parts of your life! I would like to help you with your question. I have many years experience in using meditation. As I understand it, you are having a problem with disturbed sleep. Could you please tell; me more about what is going on for you? Are you on any particular medications? Do you consume caffeine? How long has this issue been going on? Please tell me as much as you can about what is at issue do that we can start exploring alternatives.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Quite a bit. Honestly. My husband is in court for assaulting me. Our versions of what happened vary, but no matter who's version you take, he is still guilty of an assault.We live paycheck to paycheck, and not that CPS (child protective services) is involved, we are already incurring a lot of extra expenses such as marriage counseling and through this service as well, on top of whatever court fines and fees he's going to have, and I don't know if we can make it.And on top of that, even though neither of us court ordered for this and technically have the right to tell her to disappear, we have been encouraged to cooperate with her. But now she to me is pushing me in a not-helpful way to get help with my alcohol addiction, same with my husband. I don't disagree, but again we are talking about possibilities we might not even be literally able to afford since they can't help and our insurance won't apparently cover it.And what about the kids?And our cats, and my first ever greenhouse and decent sized garden?It is all so overwhelming tom me.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All that being said, I have had varying problems with sleep since I was a teenager.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NOW that CPS is involved
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why doesn't state subsidized private insurance depending on who you ask not cover inpatient treatment? If that is what it takes and I just want to get better and show CPS that I am. On my own conditions? Are there any scholarship or grant programs for someone who just wants a couple weeks to not be addicted? Because I am already committed to quitting if I have the help I need. But I can't exactly chase my kids around with a puke bucket as I withdraw and tremor. It sounds terrible and it is, but I am more functional watching them when I drink than when I don't.

What state and city do you live in? You have a lot of things going on, I see. I think how I can best be f help is to research possible financial support for treatment, if that is what you want.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm willing to go anywhere, and preferably, out of state, if from what I understand, the absolute minimum is two weeks for alcohol addiction. That's probably what I need. Two weeks, and maybe some of it medically coma induced so I don't go through seizures or whatever. I have drank too long, and I see the signs any time I get sick and can't drink, the withdrawal symptoms.I tried to quit a few times and did once, but my husband being in the picture doesn't help.He said to me just today that he would promise to never drink if I didn't, but yesterday made it all like it was all my fault.I don't know if I can get him to go away while I have the kids watched and withdraw from our home like I'd prefer, because if he is here, I'm sure I'd have to have at least a few drinks, while he drank a few too fast. Since it is OUR home, he probably would get belligerent if I asked him to go away a couple weeks at least, and then also, I wouldn't have help.So thinking of asking my grandma/mother to help and not sure if I should. Complicated story but basically asking for an early inheritance so I don't lose kids.But too much money. The best thing I can tell you is that I was referred by the very limited resources around what is available and none of it sounds promising. But lets' say Cloquet, Minnesota, MN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like a cruise ship for people detoxing, while I know that might be selfish I just want it done quick and without the 12 step, etc. I am committed I just need a relaxing space and maybe some medications, and will only have to this once. If I am going to be away from my kids and husbands and cats and gardens, I want it to count. Not some dingy white walled place here locally. Since even that is not covered.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But then I thought no wonder I can't find anything like that? Imagine being the staff on that ship? With a bunch of people detoxing? Haha. But I wan't a reasonable place and whatever financial help there is
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Patience the soonest you can answer would be very much appreciated.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is not impatience, just a fact before CPS contacts me again ;)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
husband not husbands, that was a typo
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have been married 13 years, and it has been one heck of an experience. I want to be close to him. I want to keep our kids. I want them to disappear. CPS. I want to figure out how we can be close again. He has assaulted me many times, and we do know alcohol is a huge part of the problem. But for him, even when he is sober, if his tummy is not fed, and he will even put off eating when I prepare the most delicious meal ever, so as not to become tired, he becomes extremely cranky.Works over 12 hours some days and doesn't eat so he isn't tired at work. Comes home and gets upset over the slightest things, which sets me off since I've been dealing with two very energetic kids the whole time he was gone, on strange hours.I just want this situation better and a little more cooperation from all of them. I can't make them. That's obvious.So it's hard.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want to cry more than I can, and I want to quit crying. It's stupid and I just want to be free and lovely again as a mother and wife.

Hello- Are you available to chat back and forth now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hope I didn't wake you. That is kind of what a problem is. No consecutive sleep.