Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have had significant hormonal issues with excess estrogen

Customer Question

I have had significant hormonal issues with excess estrogen for a few years now and my husband has PTSD. He is incredibly cold and distant and this combination of both of our issues makes me feel like I can't tell whether he he is abusive or I am overreacting emotionally due to my hormonal issues. Today I was upset over something and I told him that the way he treats me makes me feel worthless and at times suicidal. His response was to throw two sharp knives at me and challenge me to do it. I am so confused and I'm not sure how to wrap my head around this.
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: Increasingly worse for about 3 years. We saw a marriage counsellor but he was more interested in the PTSD.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

What is your question regarding this?