Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My youngest son in his late 40s is arrogant, knows

Customer Question

My youngest son in his late 40s is arrogant, knows everything & his partner is no help at all, in fact she also is uppity. This is making me very upset & angry... your advice would be very welcome
JA: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?
Customer: No, I'm on antidepressants which I've taken for years, & work very well
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: Depression when I was in my 20s but very well comtrolled with meds
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: A couple of close friends, sadly my husband died in 2005
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  LeahMSWuofm replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thanks for writing to us. My name is***** am sorry to hear about your frustrations with your son's attitude and also his partners. Has he always been this way or do you feel like this is a change in his "norm?" Have you ever confronted him about how his behavior makes you feel and if so, how did he react to you?

I look forward to thinking this through with you!

-Leah

Hi, I noticed this question is still open and wondered if you still would like help? If so, just write back! I hope to hear from you and hope you are doing okay.

-Leah