John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping people find solutions...
68372260

How do I stop worrying about health too much? Lately I've

How do I stop worrying about health too much? Lately I've been worrying about health way too much and if I have something small like a stomach ache or if my stools come out a little different one day or something etc. I'll start to think there's something seriously wrong, and part of ithas to do with what google tells me. How do I stop worrying so much about this?
Hello! I am JOHN. I am an LPC and a mental health expert.Excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but first of all, stay off google. Seriously, if your temp isn't above 101 for an extended period of time, you haven't noticed a strange growth that won't go away, you aren't experiencing excruciating pain, or don't exhibit inexplicable physical phenomena, the general consensus is it isn't worth worrying about. Even then, stay off google. At that point, you need to see a doctor. Also, funnel your energies into staying healthy, not so much worrying about being unhealthy. Eat healthy and exercise. I hope that is helpful. Let me know if you have questions. Did that make sense to you?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it makes sense. Whenever I read the conditions on google and symptoms then I start worrying and lately I've been Worrying about everything that has to do with health. Ive seen a doctor and he told me basically the same thing and that he doesn't think anything is wrong after doing an exam and finding out I have no other symptoms. Are there any exercises that I can do to stop worrying about heath all the time?
I seriously think exercise in general is your best bet. Focus on being healthy instead of unhealthy. As far as a gimmick, I don't know of one, except maybe hypnosis. I would try the healthy lifestyle before resorting to that though.